How does this app work on Shopify Plus custom checkout?
Currently, native Shopify 1-click post purchase offers are not compatible with custom Shopify Plus checkouts. As a result, Post Purchase Promotions offers an exclusive option to show upsell offers on the thank you page while utilizing the Shopify order editing APIs to add the promotional product to the order after checkout.
How to disable custom checkout for Shopify Plus stores?
If you'd like to disable custom checkout to leverage native post purchase promotions (1-click), you must contact your Shopify Plus success manager to disable custom checkout. If you're not yet ready to disable custom checkout, then continue reading to learn more about the fallback "Thank you page" approach.
The fallback Shopify Plus flow works as follows:
1. A customer places an order and is redirected to the Shopify Checkout Thank You page.
2. If a customer's order is eligible, a promotional offer appears on the Thank You page.
3. A customer can click "Add to order" to redeem a promotional product. The product is immediately added to the existing order.
4. If payment is required, the customer is redirected to confirm payment.
5. Once payment is confirmed, the customer is redirected back to the Thank You page with their updated order.
6. After 15 minutes of a promotion redemption, Post Purchase Promotions will auto-tag orders with either Post Purchase Promotion if payment was successful, or it will automatically tag and remove the product (if option is enabled) from the order with Post Purchase Promotion Auto Removed. You can use these order tags to easily filter orders:
7. To automatically remove the product from the order on failed or missing payment after 15 minutes, ensure that the " Auto remove promotion when payment is missing" option in Settings > General is enabled:
- It's possible that a customer decides to not confirm payment on Step 4. If this happens, the product will be auto-removed (if option enabled) from the order after 15 minutes. For this reason, it is recommend a 30 - 60 minute delay in fulfilling orders to ensure the order is fulfilled with a promotional product and that payment was received for a promotional product. For more information, view our fulfillment article.
- The fallback method which uses the Thank You Page currently applies