What payment methods are supported?
The native post purchase promotion location is a new checkout step shown directly after a customer pays. It utilizes the vaulted payment information to offer 1-click payment directly to the same order. A variety of payment methods are supported by Shopify, however not all payment methods are supported.
In this article
Payment Methods Supported
- Shopify payments
- Shop Pay
- Braintree (without CVV verification)
- PayPal Pro, PayPal PayFlow when used with a credit card
- PayPal Express (with Automatic Billing enabled)
- And any other direct credit card payment processor that is embedded within Shopify's checkout (Stripe, etc).
Braintree Limitations: If you use Braintree to process credit cards it's important to note that Braintree accounts with CVV required are incompatible with the native post purchase 1-click behavior. Per PCI compliance rules, Shopify will be unable to store the CVV which means payments will fail on the post purchase page. Learn more here: https://articles.braintreepayments.com/guides/fraud-tools/basic/avs-cvv-rules.
Unsupported Payment Methods
- External/third party payment providers which redirect the customer offsite (Klarna, Coinbase, etc) are unsupported.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay
Multi Currency Checkout Warning
Behind the scenes, this app leverages order editing and as a result, promotions will onyl show on orders placed using the default shop currencies. This means if you leverage native multi-currency checkout, orders placed in currencies that are different from the default shop currency will not show a promotion.
Thank you page
Post Purchase Promotions offers a unique feature which is the ability to surface a promotion on the Checkout thank you page to show a post-purchase promotional upsell offer to a majority of your customers. Unlike 1-click post purchase, promotions on the thank you page that require payment must be confirmed by the customer. If a customer does NOT confirm payment, the product will be added to the order but the financial status will remain as "Partially Paid".
- Payment methods supported include: PayPal, Wallets (Google Pay, Apple Pay, Shop Pay), Cash on Delivery, and several others
- Note: It's possible to have Post Purchase Promotions automatically remove the unpaid upsell product after 15 minutes by enabling the option "Auto remove promotion when payment is missing" under Settings > General > Promotions: